A certified nursing assistant (CNA) is someone who helps care for patients. They are sometimes called orderlies or nursing aides. CNAs are an essential part of health care. They take patient’s vital signs, dispense medication, assist in transferring patients between beds and wheelchairs, assist patients in eating and bathing, and are vital in communicating patient concerns to head nurses and physicians.
CNAs work in nursing homes and residential centers. They also work in hospitals, health-care clinics and even in private doctor’s offices. The job requires individuals to be compassionate, patient and observant. It is not a sedentary job- CNAs spend most of the day on their feet and are often called upon to support or lift patients.
List of Elite Programs in Wichita
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The process of becoming a CNA begins with enrolling in an accredited CNA educational program. Most CNA training programs only take a few weeks to complete. The first half will consist of 75 hours of classroom instruction and the second half will consist of 16 hours of practical experience in a real-world setting under strict supervision.
One way to find accredited CNA schools in Wichita is to simply search online for CNA programs in Wichita. Some CNA programs are campus-based, and there are CNA online classes also available.
CNA Certification in Wichita
After graduating from a CNA school, the next step is to become certified by the state of Kansas. Certification is a straightforward process and only requires completion of a CNA training program and the ability to pass an examination administered by the state of Kansas. Once certified, you can work as a CNA anywhere in the state of Kansas.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Wichita
Although salaries vary by facility and experience, the median salary for a certified CNA is around $24,000 per year, ranging from around $18,000 to $35,000 per year. Because CNAs are vital to healthcare, there is always a demand for certified CNAs in all parts of the country.
List of Accredited CNA Certification Programs in Wichita, KS
- Wichita Technical Institute
- Vatterott College
- South University (online)
- Liberty University (online)
- Independence University (online)
- Ultimate Medical Academy (online)