A certified nursing assistant (CNA) is someone who helps care for patients. They are sometimes called orderlies or nursing aides. CNAs are an essential part of health care. They take patient’s vital signs, dispense medication, assist in transferring patients between beds and wheelchairs, assist patients in eating and bathing, and are vital in communicating patient concerns to head nurses and physicians.
CNAs work in nursing homes and residential centers. They also work in hospitals, health-care clinics and even in private doctor’s offices. The job requires individuals to be compassionate, patient and observant. It is not a sedentary job- CNAs spend most of the day on their feet and are often called upon to support or lift patients.
List of Elite Programs in Wichita
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Founded more than 130 years ago by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne has grown to become one of the nation's top Catholic universities. The school’s mission is to provide a well-rounded education that challenges students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development. Today, Duquesne is home to 10 schools of study and serves more than 10,000 students.
The process of becoming a CNA begins with enrolling in an accredited CNA educational program. Most CNA training programs only take a few weeks to complete. The first half will consist of 75 hours of classroom instruction and the second half will consist of 16 hours of practical experience in a real-world setting under strict supervision.
One way to find accredited CNA schools in Wichita is to simply search online for CNA programs in Wichita. Some CNA programs are campus-based, and there are CNA online classes also available.
CNA Certification in Wichita
After graduating from a CNA school, the next step is to become certified by the state of Kansas. Certification is a straightforward process and only requires completion of a CNA training program and the ability to pass an examination administered by the state of Kansas. Once certified, you can work as a CNA anywhere in the state of Kansas.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Wichita
Although salaries vary by facility and experience, the median salary for a certified CNA is around $24,000 per year, ranging from around $18,000 to $35,000 per year. Because CNAs are vital to healthcare, there is always a demand for certified CNAs in all parts of the country.
List of Accredited CNA Certification Programs in Wichita, KS
- Wichita Technical Institute
- Vatterott College
- South University (online)
- Liberty University (online)
- Independence University (online)
- Ultimate Medical Academy (online)