A certified nursing assistant (CNA) is someone who helps care for patients. They are sometimes called orderlies or nursing aides. CNAs are an essential part of health care. They take patient’s vital signs, dispense medication, assist in transferring patients between beds and wheelchairs, assist patients in eating and bathing, and are vital in communicating patient concerns to head nurses and physicians.
CNAs work in nursing homes and residential centers. They also work in hospitals, health-care clinics and even in private doctor’s offices. The job requires individuals to be compassionate, patient and observant. It is not a sedentary job- CNAs spend most of the day on their feet and are often called upon to support or lift patients.
List of Elite Programs in Wichita
- It's never too late for a fresh start. With programs ranging from business administration to HVAC technology, there's an opportunity for you at Bryan University to transform your skills into a career.
- At Bryan University, you'll have access to career services including practice interviews, resume prep, job referrals, and career development classes that can help you along your path to success.
- Here at BU, we supply you with the tools to succeed including access to one of largest online content repositories in the world, so you can use research to gain industry insight.
- With a degree from Bryan University, you'll receive personalized instruction from experienced faculty, course scheduling that fits your life, and career and academic resources to help you succeed.
- Campus locations include Columbia, Rogers, Springfield and Topeka as well as online. Experience the flexibility and hands-on training Bryan University offers and take a step toward your career today!
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Advanced Practice Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Executive Nursing Leadership
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The process of becoming a CNA begins with enrolling in an accredited CNA educational program. Most CNA training programs only take a few weeks to complete. The first half will consist of 75 hours of classroom instruction and the second half will consist of 16 hours of practical experience in a real-world setting under strict supervision.
One way to find accredited CNA schools in Wichita is to simply search online for CNA programs in Wichita. Some CNA programs are campus-based, and there are CNA online classes also available.
CNA Certification in Wichita
After graduating from a CNA school, the next step is to become certified by the state of Kansas. Certification is a straightforward process and only requires completion of a CNA training program and the ability to pass an examination administered by the state of Kansas. Once certified, you can work as a CNA anywhere in the state of Kansas.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Wichita
Although salaries vary by facility and experience, the median salary for a certified CNA is around $24,000 per year, ranging from around $18,000 to $35,000 per year. Because CNAs are vital to healthcare, there is always a demand for certified CNAs in all parts of the country.
List of Accredited CNA Certification Programs in Wichita, KS
- Wichita Technical Institute
- Vatterott College
- South University (online)
- Liberty University (online)
- Independence University (online)
- Ultimate Medical Academy (online)