List of Elite Programs in Virginia
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Respiratory Therapy
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
CNA Certification in VirginiaWhether you work in a nursing home or directly in a patient's home, you will need to acquire a license to work as an CNA in Virginia. Once you have found a program with a state approved curriculum, you should be able to complete your training in 12 weeks or less. You will need to receive about 120 hours of instruction, divided fairly evenly into coursework and clinical practice. CNA licenses are regulated in Virginia. Once you've finished your training, you will need to take and pass a state CNA exam. Then every two years, you will need to renew your license, which generally involves proving that you have worked a certain number of hours as a CNA.
Salaries for CNA Jobs in VirginiaThe salary range for CNAs in Virginia is generally between $20,000 and $27,000, with the average annual salary a little less than $23,000. This puts the Virginia annual salary at at little less than the national average. The range may depend on a number of factors, including the CNA's experience level and the type of facility in which you end up working. It may be in your best interest to complete some continuing education in order to secure higher paying jobs. Hospitals and skilled nursing homes often offer some of the better paying jobs.
List of CNA Certification Programs in VirginiaAs you look into CNA programs, you'll find that there is no shortage of them in Virginia. At the website Top CNA Classes, you'll find a list of over 100 programs in Virginia that offer the training you need to become a licensed CNA and make a difference in the lives of patients.
CNA Training Centers in Virginia
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Virginia Highlands Community College||Abingdon||(276) 739-2548||P. O. Box 828, Abingdon, VA 24212||www.vhcc.edu/|
|William N. Neff Centerfor Science and Technology||Abingdon||(276) 739-3100||255 Stanley Street, Abingdon, VA 24210||http://neff.wcs.k12.va.us/|
|Southside Virginia Community College||Albert||(434) 949-1000||109 Campus Drive, Alberta, VA 23821||http://southside.edu/|
|Access Medical Institute-Technology, Inc.||Alexandria||(703) 360-5800||8143 Richmond Highway, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22309|
|Classic Nurses Academy||Alexandria||(703) 658-9575||85 South Bragg Street,-303, Alexandria, VA 22312||http://virginianursingaide.com/|
|Global Health Nurse Training Services||Alexandria||(703) 212-7410||25 South Quaker Lane, Alexandria, VA 22314||http://www.global.edu/|
|Maralex Allied Health Educational Services||Alexandria||(703) 642-5751||6601 Little River Turnpike, Suite 210, Alexandria, VA 22312|
|Medical Learning Center||Alexandria||(703) 527-0055||1840 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 101, Alexandria, VA 22201||www.medicallearningcenterva.com/|
|New Era Nursing Services||Alexandria||(571) 239-8769 (cell)||5999 Stevenson Avenue, Suite 401, Alexandria, VA 22304||http://neweranursing.com/|
|Nightingale Educational Services||Alexandria||(703) 256-2696||5515 Cherokee Avenue, Suite 404, Alexandria, VA 22312||www.nightingaleeducationservices.org/|
|Salvation Academy||Alexandria||(703) 763-1115 or (571) 405-6465||4613 Pinecrest Office Park Drive, Suite F-G, Alexandria, VA 22312||www.salvationacademy.org/|
|T.C. Williams High School||Alexandria||(703) 824-6858||3330 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22302||www.acps.k12.va.us/tcw/|
|Visiting Nurse Solution Learning Center||Alexandria||(703) 642-3737||4810 Beauregard Street, Suite 220, Alexandria, VA 22312|
|Amherst County High School||Amherst||139 Lancer Lane, Amherst, VA 24521||www.amherst.k12.va.us/|
|Washington Global Academy||Annandale||(703) 941-2020||7700 Little River turnpike, Suite 600-A, Annandale, VA 22003||www.washingtonglobalacademy.com/|