List of Elite Programs in Virginia
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- And more...
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- Respiratory Therapy
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
[email protected], the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
CNA Certification in VirginiaWhether you work in a nursing home or directly in a patient's home, you will need to acquire a license to work as an CNA in Virginia. Once you have found a program with a state approved curriculum, you should be able to complete your training in 12 weeks or less. You will need to receive about 120 hours of instruction, divided fairly evenly into coursework and clinical practice. CNA licenses are regulated in Virginia. Once you've finished your training, you will need to take and pass a state CNA exam. Then every two years, you will need to renew your license, which generally involves proving that you have worked a certain number of hours as a CNA.
Salaries for CNA Jobs in VirginiaThe salary range for CNAs in Virginia is generally between $20,000 and $27,000, with the average annual salary a little less than $23,000. This puts the Virginia annual salary at at little less than the national average. The range may depend on a number of factors, including the CNA's experience level and the type of facility in which you end up working. It may be in your best interest to complete some continuing education in order to secure higher paying jobs. Hospitals and skilled nursing homes often offer some of the better paying jobs.
List of CNA Certification Programs in VirginiaAs you look into CNA programs, you'll find that there is no shortage of them in Virginia. At the website Top CNA Classes, you'll find a list of over 100 programs in Virginia that offer the training you need to become a licensed CNA and make a difference in the lives of patients.
CNA Training Centers in Virginia
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Virginia Highlands Community College||Abingdon||(276) 739-2548||P. O. Box 828, Abingdon, VA 24212||www.vhcc.edu/|
|William N. Neff Centerfor Science and Technology||Abingdon||(276) 739-3100||255 Stanley Street, Abingdon, VA 24210||http://neff.wcs.k12.va.us/|
|Southside Virginia Community College||Albert||(434) 949-1000||109 Campus Drive, Alberta, VA 23821||http://southside.edu/|
|Access Medical Institute-Technology, Inc.||Alexandria||(703) 360-5800||8143 Richmond Highway, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22309|
|Classic Nurses Academy||Alexandria||(703) 658-9575||85 South Bragg Street,-303, Alexandria, VA 22312||http://virginianursingaide.com/|
|Global Health Nurse Training Services||Alexandria||(703) 212-7410||25 South Quaker Lane, Alexandria, VA 22314||http://www.global.edu/|
|Maralex Allied Health Educational Services||Alexandria||(703) 642-5751||6601 Little River Turnpike, Suite 210, Alexandria, VA 22312|
|Medical Learning Center||Alexandria||(703) 527-0055||1840 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 101, Alexandria, VA 22201||www.medicallearningcenterva.com/|
|New Era Nursing Services||Alexandria||(571) 239-8769 (cell)||5999 Stevenson Avenue, Suite 401, Alexandria, VA 22304||http://neweranursing.com/|
|Nightingale Educational Services||Alexandria||(703) 256-2696||5515 Cherokee Avenue, Suite 404, Alexandria, VA 22312||www.nightingaleeducationservices.org/|
|Salvation Academy||Alexandria||(703) 763-1115 or (571) 405-6465||4613 Pinecrest Office Park Drive, Suite F-G, Alexandria, VA 22312||www.salvationacademy.org/|
|T.C. Williams High School||Alexandria||(703) 824-6858||3330 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22302||www.acps.k12.va.us/tcw/|
|Visiting Nurse Solution Learning Center||Alexandria||(703) 642-3737||4810 Beauregard Street, Suite 220, Alexandria, VA 22312|
|Amherst County High School||Amherst||139 Lancer Lane, Amherst, VA 24521||www.amherst.k12.va.us/|
|Washington Global Academy||Annandale||(703) 941-2020||7700 Little River turnpike, Suite 600-A, Annandale, VA 22003||www.washingtonglobalacademy.com/|