List of Elite Programs in South Dakota
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Advanced Practice Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Executive Nursing Leadership
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- RN to MSN (Online)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
CNA Accredited SchoolsThere are a number of accredited CNA training programs in South Dakota. Many of these programs are offered by different educational systems and hospitals. A properly accredited program will provide 75 hours of training with 16 of these hours taking place within a clinical setting. There are certain requirements a person must meet prior to being accepted into an accredited South Dakota CNA training program. The person must be at least 18 years old and have a complete physical exam. They must be current on all their immunizations and submit to a background check.
CNA CertificationOnce a person has successfully completed their CNA training course in South Dakota, they will be ready to take their CNA certification exam. There will be practice tests offered prior to sitting for the exam. The first portion of the certification test is a paper exam. A person will be tested on their knowledge of the daily aspects of being a CNA. This will have been covered during classroom time during training. A person need 70 percent or better to pass. The second part of the exam will require them to perform five CNA skills. These skills will be chosen randomly. A person needs to get 80 percent or better to pass this portion. Once these two portions are passed, a person will be certified and listed on the South Dakota Nurse Aide Registry.
CNA Salaries in South DakotaThere is not a lot of training required to become a CNA. Experience is a big factor in determining salary. The average CNA salary in South Dakota is approximately $35,000 annually. Some are paid less, and some are paid more. This is just the average yearly salary. South Dakota CNA salary ranks 45 among other states.
CNA Certification Programs in South DakotaThere are online programs for the classroom portion of CNA training in South Dakota. There are also non-nursing home-based CNA training programs. Nursing home-based CNA training programs are also offered. To obtain a list of the many approved CNA training programs located in South Dakota, a person should contact the South Dakota Board of Nursing.
CNA Training Centers in South Dakota
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Aberdeen Healthcare-Rehabilitation Center||Aberdeen||605-622-5000||305 South State Street, Aberdeen, SD 57401||www.avera.org/st-lukes-hospital/|
|Avera Mother Joseph Manor||Aberdeen||605-622-5850||1002 N. Jay Street, Aberdeen, SD 57401||www.avera.org/|
|Bethesda Home of Aberdeen||Aberdeen||605-225-7580||1224 South High Street, Aberdeen, SD 57401||www.bha.cc/|
|Manor Care Health Services||Aberdeen||605-225-2550||400 8th Avenue NW, Aberdeen, SD 57401||www.heartland-manorcare.com/Aberdeen|
|Presentation College||Aberdeen||800-437-6060||1500 N. Main Street, Aberdeen, SD 57401||wwww.presentation.edu|
|Morningside Care Center||Alcester||605-934-2011||101 Church St. P.O. Box 500, Alcester, SD 57001|
|Golden Living Center-Arlington||Arlington||605-683-5796||120 Care Center Road, Arlington, SD 57212||http://local.goldenlivingcenters.com/south-dakota/location/arlington/8|
|Golden Living Center-Armour||Armour||605-724-2911||106 Braddock, Armour, SD 57313||http://local.goldenlivingcenters.com/south-dakota/location/armour/8|
|Belle Fourche Regional Senior Care||Belle Fourche||605-892-3331||2200 13th Ave, Belle Fourche, SD 57717||www.regionalmedicalclinic.com|
|Bethesda of Beresford||Beresford||605-763-2050||606 West Cedar, Beresford, SD 57004||www.bethesdasd.com/|
|Bowdle Nursing Home||Bowdle||605-285-6146||8001 West 5th Street, Bowdle, SD 57428||www.bowdlehealthcarecenter.com/|
|Sun Dial Manor||Bristol||605-492-3615||410 Second Street, Bristol, SD 57219||http://sundialmanor.com/|
|Brookview Manor||Brookings||605-696-9000||300 22nd Avenue, Brookings, SD 57006||http://brookingshealth.org/|
|United Retirement Center||Brookings||605-692-5351||405 First Ave, Brookings, SD 57006|
|Good Samaritan Center-Canistota||Canistota||700 Main St, Canistota, SD 57012||www.good-sam.com/|