Responsibilities for a certified nursing assistant quite often include assisting RNs or LNs in caring for a patient’s needs. You might think of a CNA as being the liaison between RNs and LNs. Addressing patient needs may include such things as gathering patient information, moving and working with medical equipment, assisting patients to move from one location to the next and helping patients maintain a higher quality of life.
List of Elite Programs in Seattle
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- And more...
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- North Seattle Community College – Offers a variety of programs that prepare students to take the state certification exam. Course curriculum includes 96 hours of classroom time in physiology, clients’ rights, interpersonal skills, and infection control.
- Shoreline Community College – Programs prepare to prepare students to become a CNA, and includes 123 hours of coursework that includes clinical and lab studies. Courses include caregiving, body systems and nutrition.
CNA Certification in Seattle, Washington
The Washington Department of Social and Health Services approves the training programs offered to students who hope to become CNAs. For employment eligibility, Washington students are required to attend, and pass a training course approved by the Department of Social and Health Services. A program chosen by a student must cover at least 85 hours of study and is divided between a clinical setting and classroom.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Seattle, Washington
The job outlook for CNAs in Washington is bright. According to CareerOneStop, Washington CNAs earned a salary between $21,000 and $38,000 in 2013. An individual’s income is quite often the result of education, experience, hard work, and local economic conditions. CNAs can typically find work in nursing homes, home health care agencies, hospitals, medical clinics or urgent care centers.
List of CNA Certification Programs in Seattle, Washington
While CNA programs may differ by program and location, students can expect to take courses that address patient/resident rights, the roles and responsibilities of the health care team, medical terminology, infection control, legal issues for nursing staff, communication skills, and patient care.
Many certified nursing assistants enjoy their work. It can be physical, but there’s a satisfaction in helping others maintain a higher quality of life. Becoming a CNA can also lead to other career opportunities such as nursing. If you like the idea of working in a professional medical environment, training to become a CNA could be a good way to start your career.