Responsibilities for a certified nursing assistant quite often include assisting RNs or LNs in caring for a patient’s needs. You might think of a CNA as being the liaison between RNs and LNs. Addressing patient needs may include such things as gathering patient information, moving and working with medical equipment, assisting patients to move from one location to the next and helping patients maintain a higher quality of life.
List of Elite Programs in Seattle
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Advanced Practice Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Executive Nursing Leadership
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to MSN in Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- RN to MSN Informatics Specialization
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- BA in Health Education
- BA in Health and Wellness
- North Seattle Community College – Offers a variety of programs that prepare students to take the state certification exam. Course curriculum includes 96 hours of classroom time in physiology, clients’ rights, interpersonal skills, and infection control.
- Shoreline Community College – Programs prepare to prepare students to become a CNA, and includes 123 hours of coursework that includes clinical and lab studies. Courses include caregiving, body systems and nutrition.
CNA Certification in Seattle, Washington
The Washington Department of Social and Health Services approves the training programs offered to students who hope to become CNAs. For employment eligibility, Washington students are required to attend, and pass a training course approved by the Department of Social and Health Services. A program chosen by a student must cover at least 85 hours of study and is divided between a clinical setting and classroom.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Seattle, Washington
The job outlook for CNAs in Washington is bright. According to CareerOneStop, Washington CNAs earned a salary between $21,000 and $38,000 in 2013. An individual’s income is quite often the result of education, experience, hard work, and local economic conditions. CNAs can typically find work in nursing homes, home health care agencies, hospitals, medical clinics or urgent care centers.
List of CNA Certification Programs in Seattle, Washington
While CNA programs may differ by program and location, students can expect to take courses that address patient/resident rights, the roles and responsibilities of the health care team, medical terminology, infection control, legal issues for nursing staff, communication skills, and patient care.
Many certified nursing assistants enjoy their work. It can be physical, but there’s a satisfaction in helping others maintain a higher quality of life. Becoming a CNA can also lead to other career opportunities such as nursing. If you like the idea of working in a professional medical environment, training to become a CNA could be a good way to start your career.