A CNA, or certified nursing assistant, provides bedside care to patients in health care setting such as nursing homes and hospitals. The California State Department of Health regulates this profession, by approving training programs and administering regulations to become certified and licensed. If you’re wondering how to become a CNA, finding an accredited CNA training program is your first step.
List of Elite Programs in San Jose
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- And more...
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Respiratory Therapy
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
American Career College (ACC) offers hands-on training that will prepare students for careers in the healthcare industry at three campuses in Los Angeles, Ontario, and Orange County, California. ACC's programs combine classroom lectures and hands-on training to prepare students for a Diploma or Associate of Occupational Science degree.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assistant
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Dental Assistant
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
[email protected], the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Accredited CAN programs generally take about one year to complete. They’re offered in high schools, vocational schools, community colleges, and some employers sponsor training. Before attending a CNA classes, you must first submit a training program application, which includes completing a criminal background check and submitting fingerprints to the State of California. Currently, there are 9 schools accredited in San Jose.
CNA Certification in San Jose, California
To become certified, you must pass a competency exam after completing training. After passing the exam, CNAs are placed on the California Department of Health State Registry. Employers use the registry when you apply for CNA jobs to verify your credentials. Because nursing homes are federally regulated to qualify for Medicare and Medicaid benefits, all CNAs who work in nursing homes must be on the state registry. Credentials aren’t the only qualifications for CNAs. They must be compassionate, have good communication skills and patience. The work of a CNA includes feeding and bathing patients who may require time to move, walk or even sit up in their bed. It’s critical to provide quality care in this occupation.
Salaries for CNAs Certification in San Jose, California
CNA jobs will continue to increase through 2022, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Approximately 4,570 nursing assistants were emnployed in the San Jose metropolitan area in 2013. The average salary was $34,160 per year or $16.42 per hour in the area. That’s approximately 24 percent higher than the national average of $26,020 per year.
List of CNA Certification Programs in San Jose, California
Accredit schools in San Jose include Silicon Valley School of Nurisng, South Bay School of Nursing, Bay Area School of Nursing, Presto Vocational Institute, Evergreen Valley College, Westmed College and Edward Medical Training Center. Most locations offer day, evening and weekend classes to fit your schedule.