List of Elite Programs in Pennsylvania
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Nurse Aide
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Office Technology - Medical - Associate in Specialized Business
At Brightwood Career Institute, we offer accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience focused on helping you gain skills for your chosen career.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood Career Institute focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Medical Assistant
- Respiratory Care - Associates
- And more...
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Respiratory Therapy
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
Certification RequirementsThe program in Pennsylvania is a federal minimum of 75 hours plus an additional 45 hours required by the state, including in-class and clinical teaching in a supervised facility. Costs, if not subsided, can range from $600 to $1200. After graduation, students must take the Pennsylvania CNA Certification exam. The exam is done through Pearson VUE, a testing company, and a small fee may apply. After passing the state exam, the candidate is placed on the Pennsylvania State Nurse Aide Registry in order to be employed at a facility in the state. The state of Pennsylvania requires re-certification every two years.
Salary and Job OutlookThe average salary in Pennsylvania is $24,000 a year. The growth outlook is projected to increase by 19% from 2008 to 2018. Upon graduation, the nurse has many possibilities for employment in hospitals, doctors’ offices, and skilled nursing facilities. The opportunities will grow due to the increase in the elderly population, which results in more need for health care. Although improvements in medical technology are prolonging lives, in many cases they are not improving the quality of life. These developments mean that opportunities in the health field will grow at an amazing rate, meaning a very promising career for years to come.
CNA Training Centers in Pennsylvania
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|PAMPERING PLUS NURSE AIDE||Abington||215 881-8902||1522 OLD YORK ROAD, ABINGTON, PA 19001||www.pamperingplus.com/nurse-aide-institute.html|
|SENECA HIGHLANDS AVTS-S||Alleganypa||814 642-2573||219 EDISON BATES DRIVE PORT, ALLEGANYPA, PA 16743||www.iu9.org/|
|CEDARBROOK LEHIGH CO HOME||Allentown||610 336-5635||350 S CEDARBROOK ROAD, ALLENTOWN, PA 18104||http://www.lehighcounty.org/departments/cedarbrooknursinghomes/tabid/321/default.aspx|
|LEHIGH-CARBON COMM. COLL.||Allentown||610 799-1206||718 HAMILTON MALL, ALLENTOWN, PA 18101||www.lccc.edu/|
|VINCENTIAN REGENCY||Allison||412 366-8540||9399 BABCOCK BOULEVARD, ALLISON, PA 15101||www.vcs.org/|
|A. W. BEATTIE CAREER CENTER||Allison Park||412 366-2800||9600 BABCOCK BLVD., ALLISON PARK, PA 15101||www.beattietech.com/|
|GRTR ALTOONA CAR&TECH CT-||Altoona||814 946-8450||1500 FOURTH AVENUE, ALTOONA, PA 16602||www.gactc.edu/|
|PENN STATE-ALTOONA||Altoona||814 949-5041||1444 11TH AVENUE SUITE 2A, ALTOONA, PA 16601||www.altoona.psu.edu/|
|VALLEY VIEW HOME-ALTOONA||Altoona||814 944-0845||301 VALLEY VIEW BLVD, ALTOONA, PA 16602|
|ACTS RETIREMENT LIFE COMM.||Ambler||215 542-9517||812 BETHLEHEM PIKE, AMBLER, PA 19002||www.acts-jobs.org/|
|VILLA ST. JOSEPH OF BADEN||Baden||724 869-6302||1030 STATE STREET, BADEN, PA 15005||www.villastjoseph.org/|
|MONROE CAREER-TECH INST.-A||Bartonsville||570 629-2001||BOX 66, LAUREL LAKE DRIVE, BARTONSVILLE, PA 18321||www.monroecti.org/|
|PROVIDENCE HEALTH CARE||Beaver Falls||724 846-8504||900 THIRD AVENUE, PO BX140, BEAVER FALLS, PA 15010||www.myprovidencecarecenter.com/|
|MEADOW VIEW NURSING||Berlin||814 267-4212||1404 HAY STREET, BERLIN, PA 15530||www.meadowview.net/|
|NORTHAMPTON COMMUNITY||Bethlehem||610 332-6585||3835 GREEN POND ROAD, BETHLEHEM, PA 18017||www.northampton.edu/|