List of Elite Programs in Oklahoma
- Each campus features a public restaurant where culinary students work under the direction of professional chefs for real-world experience.
- Hosts Platt College’s Food Fight, a friendly dessert competition for students held once a month.
- Offers programs in culinary arts, nursing, and healthcare.
- Accredited by the American Culinary Federation (AFC) and Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 5 campuses in Lawton, North and Central Oklahoma City, Moore, and Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy
- Practical Nursing-(AOS) [LPN]
- Dental Assistant
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (MSN)
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Advanced Practice Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Executive Nursing Leadership
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Find Accredited CNA Certification Schools in OklahomaTo work as a CNA in Oklahoma, you must complete a CNA training program at a state- approved school or college. To be approved, it must be an accredited school and the program must meet the requirements set by the Oklahoma Department of Health. Oklahoma requires that CNA students complete a 120-hour curriculum. Although most of these hours consist of CNA classes, students must spend at least 16 hours getting hands-on training in a nursing home or similar medical setting such as a long-term care facility. Some schools do offer CNA classes online; however, approved CNA certificate programs typically must be completed on site.
CNA Certification in OklahomaIn addition to completing CNA training, you must obtain certification so you can be listed on the Oklahoma Nursing Assistant Registry. Obtaining certification requires passing the Oklahoma State Nurse Aide Competency Test. After you’ve successfully completed the training, you must find a testing site and apply to take the test through D&S Diversified Technologies. Once you’ve passed the CNA test, your name will be added to the registry, and you’ll have the required license to work as a CNA in Oklahoma.
Salaries for CNA Jobs in OklahomaCNAs working in Oklahoma earned a mean annual wage of $21,820 as of May 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This wage was slightly below the national average, which was $24,890 at that time. CNA salaries vary throughout the state, according to Salary.com. As of December 2014, CNAs working in Oklahoma City earned average annual wages of $28,847 while those in Tulsa and Enid earned $29,203 and $26,118 respectively.
List of CNA Certification Programs in OklahomaThe National Center for Education Statistics states that there are several colleges in Oklahoma that offer approved CNA programs. Listed below are a few of the certificate-bearing programs for aspiring certified nursing assistants.
- Long Term Care Nurse Aide – 1 Month - Autry Technology Center – Enid, OK
- Long Term Care/Home Health Care Aide – 10 months - Canadian Valley Technology Center – El Reno, OK
- Certified Nurse Aide – 1 Month - Northeast Technology Center – Pryor, OK
- Certified Nurse Aide – 8 Weeks - Tulsa Community College – Tulsa, OK
- Nursing Assistant – 623 Clock Hours - Red River Technology Center – Duncan, OK
CNA Training Centers in Oklahoma
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|McCall’s Communities for Life Enrichment||Ada||(580) 272-6626||13546 CR 3600, Ada, OK 74820||http://occf.org/mcs/|
|Pontotoc Technology-HS||Ada||(580) 310-2224||601-33rd St, Ada, OK 74820|
|Northeast Technology||Afton||(918) 540-1111||19901 S. Hwy 69, Afton, OK 74331||www.netech.edu/|
|Southwest Technology||Altus||(580) 477-2250||711 W. Tamarack Rd, Altus, OK 73521||www.swtech.edu/|
|Northwest Technology||Alva||(580) 327-0344||1801 S. 11th St, Alva, OK 73717||www.nwtech.edu/|
|Kiamichi Technology||Antlers||(580) 298-6354||405 Southwest O St, Antlers, OK 74745||www.ktc.edu/|
|Elmbrook Home||Ardmore||(580) 223-3303||1811 9th Ave Northwest, Ardmore, OK 73401||www.elmbrookhomes.com/|
|Lakeland Manor||Ardmore||(580) 223-4501||604 Lake Murray Dr, Ardmore, OK 73401|
|Southern Oklahoma Technology||Ardmore||(580) 223-2070||2610 Sam Noble Pkwy, Ardmore, OK 73401||www.sotc.edu/|
|Kiamichi Technology||Atoka||(580) 889-7321||1301 W. Liberty Rd, Atoka, OK 74745||www.ktc.edu/|
|Tri County Technology-HS||Bartlesville||(918) 331-3200||6101 SE Nowata Rd, Bartlesville, OK 74006||http://tricountytech.edu/|
|Country Lane||Beggs||(918) 267-3362||306 W. 7th, Beggs, OK 74421|
|Billings Fairchild Center||Billings||(580) 725-3543||Hwy 15, Billings, OK 74630||http://billingsfairchild.com/|
|Jeanie’s Residential Care||Bluejacket||(918) 784-2359||408 NE Center, Bluejacket, OK 74333|
|Gatesway Foundation Inc||Broken Arrow||(918) 259-1445||1217 E. College St, Broken Arrow, OK 74012||www.gatesway.org/|