List of Elite Programs in New Mexico
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Practical Nursing
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Advanced Practice Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Executive Nursing Leadership
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
CNA Certification in New MexicoIn New Mexico, a person must have 75 hours of instruction to be eligible to take the final exam. In addition, he is required to have 100 hours of clinical rotation before he can take the CNA test. The classes usually take from two to six months to complete, and may cost up to a few hundred dollars. Sometimes, however, a nursing home or hospital will pay some or all of the tuition in exchange for an agreement to work at the facility for a specified time. In addition to the instruction and the practicum, CNA applicants must submit two fingerprint cards, undergo a background check and have a negative TB test within the previous six months.
Salaries for CNA jobs in New MexicoThe median salary for a person with CNA training in New Mexico is somewhat dependent upon where you work. In Hobbs, NM, for instance, the median salary (which means that half of nursing aids make less and half make more) is $21,661. That amount is increased by benefits such as health care and time off by several thousand dollars. In Clovis, the median salary is $23,000. Additional skills and certification like the ability to give medications increases the salary slightly as well.
Accredited CNA Certification Programs in New Mexico
- Central New Mexico Community College in Albuquerque
- Clovis Community College
- Dona Ana Community College in Las Cruces
- Mesalands Community College in Tucumcari
- Albuquerque Technical Vocational Institute
- Eastern New Mexico University, Portales
- New Mexico State University in Alamogordo
- New Mexico State University in Carlsbad
- New Mexico State University in Grants
- University of New Mexico in Valencia
- University of New Mexico in Gallup
- San Juan College in Farmington
- Northern New Mexico College in Espanola
- Northern New Mexico College in El Rito
CNA Training Centers in New Mexico
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|BETTY DARE GOOD SAMARITAN CENTER||Alamogordo||(575) 434-0038||3101 N. FLORIDA AVENUE, ALAMOGORDO, NM 88310||http://www.good-sam.com/index.php/locations/bettydare|
|NEW MEXICO STATE UNIVERSITY-ALAMOGORDO||Alamogordo||(575) 439-3807||2400 N. SCENIC DRIVE, ALAMOGORDO, NM 88311||http://nmsua.edu/|
|ALBUQUERQUE PUBLIC SCHOOLS||Albuquerque||(505) 243-3658||807 MOUNTAIN ROAD NE, ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87102||www.aps.edu/|
|CENTRAL NEW MEXICO COMMUNITY COLLEGE||Albuquerque||525 BUENA VISTA SE, ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87106||www.cnm.edu/|
|MANZANO DEL SOL||Albuquerque||(505) 262-2311||5201 ROMA NE, ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87108||www.good-sam.com/|
|PRINCETON PLACE||Albuquerque||(505) 255-1717||500 LOUISIANA BLVD NE, ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87108||www.princetonplacenm.com/|
|UNIVERSAL CARE HOME HEALTH AGENCY INC.||Albuquerque||(505) 990-1958||8015 MOUNTAIN ROAD NE Suite 116B, ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87110|
|ELIZABETH A. O’REILLY||Angel Fire||PO BOX 614, ANGEL FIRE, NM 87710|
|LAKEVIEW CHRISTIAN HOME HEALTH||Carlsbad||(575) 887-3947||1300 N. CANAL STREET, CARLSBAD, NM 88220|
|NEW MEXICO STATE UNIVERSITY-CARLSBAD||Carlsbad||(575) 234-9200||1500 UNIVERSITY DRIVE, CARLSBAD, NM 88220||www.nmsu.edu/|
|CLOVIS COMMUNITY COLLEGE||Clovis||(575) 769-2811||417 SCHEPPS BOULEVARD, CLOVIS, NM 88101||www.clovis.edu/|
|NAVAJO TECHNICAL COLLEGE||Crownpoint||(505) 786-4100||PO BOX 849, CROWNPOINT, NM 87313||www.navajotech.edu/|
|DEMING HIGH SCHOOL||Deming||501 WEST FLORIDA, DEMING, NM 88030||http://dhs.demingps.org/|
|ESPANOLA VALLEY NURSING-REHABILITATION CENTER||Espanola||720 HACIENDA STREET, ESPANOLA, NM 87532|
|NORTHERN NEW MEXICO COMMUNITY COLLEGE||Espanola||(505) 747-2111||921 PASEO DE ONATE, ESPANOLA, NM 87532||http://nnmc.edu/|