It is very important for prospective certified nursing assistants to enroll in a program that has received a full accreditation from the state of Arizona. While there are many un-accredited programs that offer a decent education, they do not hold the same standing with the certification board or with prospective employers.
List of Elite Programs in Mesa
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to MSN in Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- RN to MSN Informatics Specialization
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- RN to BSN (Online)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
In order to complete the program and become a certified nursing assistant, students must go through a 100 + hour program. This program is divided into 70-80 hours of work in the classroom, along with 30-40 hours of work in a clinic. The distribution of hours allows students to gain both a theoretical and practical understanding of the material.
Being a certified nursing assistant is a tough job, with nurses required to assist doctors and other medical staff in a myriad of ways. Nurses must be equipped to work in conditions of long term care, acute care, and medical emergencies. By learning topics such as psychology, physiology, biology, and other nursing techniques, students should be more than prepared for their first job out of school.
If a student is serious about getting their nursing certification, they must have a high school diploma or a GED. This qualification must be obtained before enrollment in the accredited CNA program.
When students complete their school hours in the program, they will take an examination that determines their qualification for a nursing job. Students who pass the exam are given a nursing certification by the state of Arizona.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Mesa
The median salary for a certified nursing assistant in Mesa, AZ is 29,000 per year. Depending on a nurse’s level of experience and where they work, this median salary can vary. At the bottom end, some nurses are paid $25,000 a year, while others may earn as much as $36,000.
List of CNA Certification Training Programs in Arizona
Here is a list of all the CNA training programs in the state of Arizona. These are programs that have been accredited and approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. If the school that interests you is not listed here, it may be better to enroll in another institution.