List of Elite Programs in Louisiana
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assistant - Diploma
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Occupational Studies
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
[email protected], the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
CNA Certification in Louisiana80 hours of training are required to become a CNA in Louisiana. The hours must be evenly split between classroom instruction and clinical practice. Lectures will help you understand the role of a nurse’s aide, and practice will provide you with an opportunity to learn the skills you need to work effectively with patients. To enroll in classes, you must be at least 18 years old, pass a health and criminal record check, and have graduated from high school or completed your GED. Once you’ve successfully completed your approved nurse aide training and competency evaluation program (NATCEP), you will be listed in the Louisiana Nurse Aide Registry.
Salaries for CNA Jobs in LouisianaSalaries for certified nursing assistants in Louisiana run a little lower than the national average. Nurse Groups gives a salary range of $18,000 to $22,000. That higher end salary is still lower than the national average annual salary of over $24,000 provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics for all types of nursing aides. Nursing Link lists Louisiana as one of the worst paying states in the country for nursing aides, providing an hourly wage figure of $7.57. The good news is that overall demand for nursing assistants is growing, and that sometimes you can prepare for the career at very little cost, especially if you go through employer-run programs.
List of CNA Certification Programs in LouisianaThere are numerous locations in Louisiana where you can find the courses you need to take to become certified. Top CNA Classes lists over 50 programs run through high schools, technical colleges, job centers and universities, and there are employer-based programs as well. You can contact the Department of Health and Hospitals to get a Nurse Aide Training Packet and find information on approved educational opportunities.
CNA Training Centers in Louisiana
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Acadiana Technical College-Gulf Area Campus||Abbeville||337 893-4984||1115 Clover St., Abbeville, LA 70510|
|Livingston Parish School Board-Albany HS||Albany||225 686-7044||29710 Mulberry Street, Albany, LA 70711||http://albanyhs.lpsb.org/
|Central LA Medical Academy, L.L.C.||Alexandria||318 445-4006||3550 Government Street, Alexandria, LA 71302|
|Central LA Technical College-Alexandria Campus||Alexandria||318 487-5443||4311 South McArthur Dr, Alexandria, LA 71302||http://www.cltcc.edu/
|Central LTC-Ward H. [email protected] Magnet HS||Alexandria||318 876-2701||2727 Jones Street, Alexandria, LA 71302||http://www.edline.net/pages/PM_HS
|LA Technical College-Alexandria [email protected] HS||Alexandria||318 487 5443||4311 South MacArthur Drive, Alexandria, LA 71307||http://www.edline.net/pages/THS_rpsb
|Promise Pride Career College||Baker||225 774-3385||5100 Groom Rd., Baker, LA 70714|
|Northeast LA Technical College-Bastrop Campus||Bastrop||318-283-0836||729 Kammell St., Bastrop, LA 71221||http://www.region8.ltc.edu
|Advance Healthcare Institute||Baton Rouge||225 751-4705||4580 Bluebonnet Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 70810||http://www.advancehealthcareinstitute.com/
|Alpha Medical College||Baton Rouge||3009 Monterey Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 70814|
|Baton Rouge Community College RN Only||Baton Rouge||225 216-8000||201 Community College Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 70806||http://mybrcc.edu/
|Baton Rouge General Hospital School of Nsg-RN Only||Baton Rouge||225 387-7623||3616 North Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806|
|Camelot College||Baton Rouge||225 928-3005||2618 Wooddale Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70805|
|Ctal Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus||Baton Rouge||225 359-9310||3250 N. Acadian Thruway East, Baton Rouge, LA 70805|
|Ctal Area Technical College-Baton Rouge Campus-LPN Only||Baton Rouge||225 359-9201||3250 North Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, LA 70805|