Are you considering a career in health-care as further education? You might try being a Certified Nursing Assistant as a beginning in your search for a lifetime career. As a member of a health team, you will perform vital functions in a hospital or skilled nursing care facility.
The following skills are required to be taught in a program for CNAs certified by the Nevada State Board of Nursing:
- Facilitating verbal and non-verbal patient communication within a formal plan of care
- Use of safety procedures to prevent infection and provide safety for the patient – this includes cardio-pulmonary rescue, abdominal thrusts, and automated external defibrillation
- Helping with personal care, exercise, as well as bladder and bowel elimination procedures
- Monitor vital signs, apply monitor leads for EKGs, and collection of specimens as instructed
To participate as a vital member of a modern health team as a Certified Nursing Assistant, you must complete an accredited CNA training course, pass a test, and receive a state-approved certificate. A Certified Nursing Assistant practices under the direct supervision of nurses and doctors.
List of Elite Programs in Las Vegas
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
A number of schools can be found in the Las Vegas area. Two are located in the city of Las Vegas, online CNA schools are available, and some CNA programs that are aimed at individuals still in high school. The high school programs are usually available only to people completing high school, but one of these programs will accept adults as well as teen-agers.
Certified Nursing Assistant Certification in Las Vegas, Nevada
Certification of Nursing Assistants in Nevada is done through the Nevada State Board of Nursing. You must apply through them. Requirements generally are:
- Complete an application provided online by the Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Have completion of an accredited program of education as a Certified Nursing Assistant verified
- Pass the CNA Certification test with a passing grade
- Go through fingerprinting and background checks successfully
Salaries for CNA Certification Positions in Las Vegas, Nevada
Salaries in Las Vegas a higher than the national average with an average of $28,580 annually. Salaries can reach as high as $38,110 per year or more with specialized training. Specialties that can increase salaries are:
- Emergency room assistant (ER)
- Intensive Care (ICU)
List of Accredited CNA Schools and Colleges in Las Vegas
Colleges and Institutes located in Las Vegas
- College of Southern Nevada
- Milan Institute
For those students not having completed high school, there are several academies in the area offering CNA training programs as a portion of their curriculum. To locate other institutions offering this education in Nevada, go to the Nevada State Board of Nursing website.