Are you considering a career in health-care as further education? You might try being a Certified Nursing Assistant as a beginning in your search for a lifetime career. As a member of a health team, you will perform vital functions in a hospital or skilled nursing care facility.
The following skills are required to be taught in a program for CNAs certified by the Nevada State Board of Nursing:
- Facilitating verbal and non-verbal patient communication within a formal plan of care
- Use of safety procedures to prevent infection and provide safety for the patient – this includes cardio-pulmonary rescue, abdominal thrusts, and automated external defibrillation
- Helping with personal care, exercise, as well as bladder and bowel elimination procedures
- Monitor vital signs, apply monitor leads for EKGs, and collection of specimens as instructed
To participate as a vital member of a modern health team as a Certified Nursing Assistant, you must complete an accredited CNA training course, pass a test, and receive a state-approved certificate. A Certified Nursing Assistant practices under the direct supervision of nurses and doctors.
List of Elite Programs in Las Vegas
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Advanced Practice Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Executive Nursing Leadership
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Practical Nursing
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
A number of schools can be found in the Las Vegas area. Two are located in the city of Las Vegas, online CNA schools are available, and some CNA programs that are aimed at individuals still in high school. The high school programs are usually available only to people completing high school, but one of these programs will accept adults as well as teen-agers.
Certified Nursing Assistant Certification in Las Vegas, Nevada
Certification of Nursing Assistants in Nevada is done through the Nevada State Board of Nursing. You must apply through them. Requirements generally are:
- Complete an application provided online by the Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Have completion of an accredited program of education as a Certified Nursing Assistant verified
- Pass the CNA Certification test with a passing grade
- Go through fingerprinting and background checks successfully
Salaries for CNA Certification Positions in Las Vegas, Nevada
Salaries in Las Vegas a higher than the national average with an average of $28,580 annually. Salaries can reach as high as $38,110 per year or more with specialized training. Specialties that can increase salaries are:
- Emergency room assistant (ER)
- Intensive Care (ICU)
List of Accredited CNA Schools and Colleges in Las Vegas
Colleges and Institutes located in Las Vegas
- College of Southern Nevada
- Milan Institute
For those students not having completed high school, there are several academies in the area offering CNA training programs as a portion of their curriculum. To locate other institutions offering this education in Nevada, go to the Nevada State Board of Nursing website.