A CNA, or certified nurse assistant, assists a registered nurse with basic duties, such as fulfilling the basic need-for-life situations needed by many. Since nursing assistants have ample contact with patients, they are collectors of vital information about the patients’ illnesses, which they must then transfer to their supervisors. A CNA’s capacity can become intense and fast-paced, but the human contact and ability to help those in medical need is a strong motivating factor. A desire to help people and compassion for patients can help a nurse’s assistant get through difficult days.
Most schools offer a rudimentary nursing degree. The best way to find an education in nursing is to ask a local accredited college. While a Google search might suffice, organizations such as the NAHCA provide a valuable resource to an education seeker. Instruction is even closer. Utilizing resources such as the Pell Grant could possibly enter you in a new career.
List of Elite Programs in Jacksonville
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapy Assistant
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting (Diploma)
- Medical Assisting (Associates)
Our career-focused programs and flexible class schedules make Southeastern a great choice for busy working adults. Small classes ensure personalized attention for each student, and you will gain career skills in an educational environment that simulates the workplace, so you can begin using your education immediately on the job.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Diploma in Medical Assisting - Bilingual
- Diploma in Practical Nurse
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Outside certification is still possible outside of degree options. Acumen Medical Services provide both training and on the job certification. Located within Jacksonville city limits, Acumen certifies and educates nurses.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Jacksonville, FL.
A typical nurse will bring in $22, 000. As a new pay, however, this figure is variable. Knowing a starting value is at about $19,000, one must consider the situation at home.
List of CNA Certification Colleges in Jacksonville
Accredited community colleges in Jacksonville are a dime a dozen:
- Brevard Community College
- Broward Community College
- Central Florida Community College
- Chipola Junior College – Marianna
- Daytona Beach Community College
- Edison Community College
- Florida Community College at Jacksonville
- Gulf Coast Community College
- Hillsborough Community College
- Indian River Community College
- Lake City Community College – Lake City
- Lake – Sumter Community College
- Manatee Community College
- Miami – Dade Community College
- Okaloosa – Walton Community College
- Palm Beach Community College
- Pasco Hernando Community College – New Port Richey
- Pensacola Junior College
- Polk Community College
- Santa Fe Community College
- Seminole Community College
- South Florida Community College – Avon Park
- St. Johns River Community College – Palatka
- St. Petersburg Junior College
- Tallahassee Community College
- Valencia Community College – Orlando
For a comprehensive plan of certification programs, refer to the list above.