List of Elite Programs in Georgia
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Dental Assistant(Diploma)
Our mission is to provide career focused education for the purpose of gaining entry-level employment and advancement opportunities which will empower college students to positively contribute to their communities.
- Medical Assistant - Associate
Start your future now!
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) will help you choose your ideal career before you get started and assist with real-world employment after you’re done with school. We have a wide range of resources to help you every step of the way.
- Nursing Assistant - Certificate of Completion
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AS - Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
- And more...
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN to BSN program offers courses in illness and disease management, holistic professional nursing and more
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology, and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (RN-MSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (RN to MSN)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Advanced Practice Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Executive Nursing Leadership
CertificationCertification requirements in Georgia are 85 hours of class work, with a minimum of 16 hours supervised instruction, over a period of four or five weeks. Costs range from $600 to $1200, depending upon the school. After completion of the curriculum, a candidate must pass both parts of the National Nurse and Assessment Test within a year. The instruction covers requirements for working in all types of health care facilities. Some general topics discussed are communication and interpersonal skills, safety and emergency procedures, and respecting residents’ rights.
Salary and Job OutlookUpon graduation and receiving their licenses, the students have many possibilities for employment in hospitals, doctors’ offices, and skilled nursing facilities. Many schools will assist the graduates in finding a job. The job outlook for this job is projected to increase by 19% from 2008 to 2018. The growth is due to increase in the elderly population, resulting in greater need for health care. Although technology and improvements in medical care are prolonging lives, in many cases they are not improving the quality of life. The growth in jobs will be in nursing homes and community living facilities. The average salary in Georgia is $28,000 a year, which is 14% higher than the nationwide average. The average salary for persons working in nursing homes tends to be slightly higher than those of nursing assistants in other facilities.
CNA Training Centers in Georgia
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|CHATTAHOOCHEE TECHNICAL COLLEGE-NORTH METRO||Acworth||(770) 975-4000||5198 ROSS ROAD, ACWORTH, GA 30102||http://www.chattahoocheetech.edu/|
|COOK HIGH SCHOOL||Adel||(229) 896-2213||COOK HIGH SCHOOL 9900 HIGHWAY 76, ADEL, GA 31620||http://chs.cook.k12.ga.us/|
|ALBANY TECHNICAL COLLEGE MAIN CAMPUS||Albany||(229) 430-3062||1704 SOUTH SLAPPEY BOULEVARD, ALBANY, GA 31701||http://www.albanytech.edu/|
|GO WITH-NURSES ASSISTANT (GWANA)||Albany||(229) 483-0025||P-BOX 50121, ALBANY, GA 31707|
|JACKSON CAREER CENTER||Albany||(229) 888-5086||1707 E. OGLETHORPE BLVD, ALBANY, GA 31705||http://jacksoncisd.schoolwires.com/Domain/90|
|TURNER JOB CORPS CENTER||Albany||(229) 883-8500||2000 SCHILLING AVENUE, ALBANY, GA 31705||http://turner.jobcorps.gov/|
|BACON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL||Alma||(912) 632-4414||901 NORTH PIERCE STREET, ALMA, GA 31510||http://www.bcraiders.com/pages/Bacon_County|
|AMERICAN RED CROSS-MIDDLE FLINT CHAPTER-SUMTER CO.||Americus||(229) 924-2026||1509 CRAWFORD ST, AMERICUS, GA 31709||www.redcross.org/|
|MAGNOLIA MANOR NURSING CENTER||Americus||(229) 924-9352||2001 SOUTH LEE STREET, AMERICUS, GA 31709||www.magnoliamanor.com/|
|HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF ASHBURN||Ashburn||(229) 567-3473||P.O. BOX 629, ASHBURN, GA 31714|
|MOULTRIE TECHNICAL COLLEGE-ASHBURN CAMPUS||Ashburn||(229) 217-4209||222 ROCK HOUSE ROAD, ASHBURN, GA 31714||www.moultrietech.edu/|
|ALPHA NURSING TRAINING INSTITUTE-ATHENS||Athens||(706) 353-8329||230 BRIARCLIFF ROAD, ATHENS, GA 30606|
|ATHENS TECHNICAL COLLEGE||Athens||(706) 425-3328||800 HIGHWAY 29 NORTH, ATHENS, GA 30601|
|HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF ATHENS||Athens||(706) 549-8020||139 ALPS ROAD, ATHENS, GA 30606||http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/nhs/heritage_healthcare_of_athens/
|HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF GRANDVIEW||Athens||(706) 549-6013||165 WINSTON DRIVE, ATHENS, GA 30607||https://www.caring.com/local/nursing-homes-in-athens-georgia/heritage-healthcare-at-grandview