List of Elite Programs in Georgia
Start your future now!
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) will help you choose your ideal career before you get started and assist with real-world employment after you’re done with school. We have a wide range of resources to help you every step of the way.
- Nursing Assistant - Certificate of Completion
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Respiratory Therapy
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
CertificationCertification requirements in Georgia are 85 hours of class work, with a minimum of 16 hours supervised instruction, over a period of four or five weeks. Costs range from $600 to $1200, depending upon the school. After completion of the curriculum, a candidate must pass both parts of the National Nurse and Assessment Test within a year. The instruction covers requirements for working in all types of health care facilities. Some general topics discussed are communication and interpersonal skills, safety and emergency procedures, and respecting residents’ rights.
Salary and Job OutlookUpon graduation and receiving their licenses, the students have many possibilities for employment in hospitals, doctors’ offices, and skilled nursing facilities. Many schools will assist the graduates in finding a job. The job outlook for this job is projected to increase by 19% from 2008 to 2018. The growth is due to increase in the elderly population, resulting in greater need for health care. Although technology and improvements in medical care are prolonging lives, in many cases they are not improving the quality of life. The growth in jobs will be in nursing homes and community living facilities. The average salary in Georgia is $28,000 a year, which is 14% higher than the nationwide average. The average salary for persons working in nursing homes tends to be slightly higher than those of nursing assistants in other facilities.
CNA Training Centers in Georgia
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|CHATTAHOOCHEE TECHNICAL COLLEGE-NORTH METRO||Acworth||(770) 975-4000||5198 ROSS ROAD, ACWORTH, GA 30102||http://www.chattahoocheetech.edu/|
|COOK HIGH SCHOOL||Adel||(229) 896-2213||COOK HIGH SCHOOL 9900 HIGHWAY 76, ADEL, GA 31620||http://chs.cook.k12.ga.us/|
|ALBANY TECHNICAL COLLEGE MAIN CAMPUS||Albany||(229) 430-3062||1704 SOUTH SLAPPEY BOULEVARD, ALBANY, GA 31701||http://www.albanytech.edu/|
|GO WITH-NURSES ASSISTANT (GWANA)||Albany||(229) 483-0025||P-BOX 50121, ALBANY, GA 31707|
|JACKSON CAREER CENTER||Albany||(229) 888-5086||1707 E. OGLETHORPE BLVD, ALBANY, GA 31705||http://jacksoncisd.schoolwires.com/Domain/90|
|TURNER JOB CORPS CENTER||Albany||(229) 883-8500||2000 SCHILLING AVENUE, ALBANY, GA 31705||http://turner.jobcorps.gov/|
|BACON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL||Alma||(912) 632-4414||901 NORTH PIERCE STREET, ALMA, GA 31510||http://www.bcraiders.com/pages/Bacon_County|
|AMERICAN RED CROSS-MIDDLE FLINT CHAPTER-SUMTER CO.||Americus||(229) 924-2026||1509 CRAWFORD ST, AMERICUS, GA 31709||www.redcross.org/|
|MAGNOLIA MANOR NURSING CENTER||Americus||(229) 924-9352||2001 SOUTH LEE STREET, AMERICUS, GA 31709||www.magnoliamanor.com/|
|HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF ASHBURN||Ashburn||(229) 567-3473||P.O. BOX 629, ASHBURN, GA 31714|
|MOULTRIE TECHNICAL COLLEGE-ASHBURN CAMPUS||Ashburn||(229) 217-4209||222 ROCK HOUSE ROAD, ASHBURN, GA 31714||www.moultrietech.edu/|
|ALPHA NURSING TRAINING INSTITUTE-ATHENS||Athens||(706) 353-8329||230 BRIARCLIFF ROAD, ATHENS, GA 30606|
|ATHENS TECHNICAL COLLEGE||Athens||(706) 425-3328||800 HIGHWAY 29 NORTH, ATHENS, GA 30601|
|HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF ATHENS||Athens||(706) 549-8020||139 ALPS ROAD, ATHENS, GA 30606||http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/nhs/heritage_healthcare_of_athens/
|HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF GRANDVIEW||Athens||(706) 549-6013||165 WINSTON DRIVE, ATHENS, GA 30607||https://www.caring.com/local/nursing-homes-in-athens-georgia/heritage-healthcare-at-grandview