List of Elite Programs in Georgia
Start your future now!
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) will help you choose your ideal career before you get started and assist with real-world employment after you’re done with school. We have a wide range of resources to help you every step of the way.
- Nursing Assistant - Certificate of Completion
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
CertificationCertification requirements in Georgia are 85 hours of class work, with a minimum of 16 hours supervised instruction, over a period of four or five weeks. Costs range from $600 to $1200, depending upon the school. After completion of the curriculum, a candidate must pass both parts of the National Nurse and Assessment Test within a year. The instruction covers requirements for working in all types of health care facilities. Some general topics discussed are communication and interpersonal skills, safety and emergency procedures, and respecting residents’ rights.
Salary and Job OutlookUpon graduation and receiving their licenses, the students have many possibilities for employment in hospitals, doctors’ offices, and skilled nursing facilities. Many schools will assist the graduates in finding a job. The job outlook for this job is projected to increase by 19% from 2008 to 2018. The growth is due to increase in the elderly population, resulting in greater need for health care. Although technology and improvements in medical care are prolonging lives, in many cases they are not improving the quality of life. The growth in jobs will be in nursing homes and community living facilities. The average salary in Georgia is $28,000 a year, which is 14% higher than the nationwide average. The average salary for persons working in nursing homes tends to be slightly higher than those of nursing assistants in other facilities.
CNA Training Centers in Georgia
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|CHATTAHOOCHEE TECHNICAL COLLEGE-NORTH METRO||Acworth||(770) 975-4000||5198 ROSS ROAD, ACWORTH, GA 30102||http://www.chattahoocheetech.edu/|
|COOK HIGH SCHOOL||Adel||(229) 896-2213||COOK HIGH SCHOOL 9900 HIGHWAY 76, ADEL, GA 31620||http://chs.cook.k12.ga.us/|
|ALBANY TECHNICAL COLLEGE MAIN CAMPUS||Albany||(229) 430-3062||1704 SOUTH SLAPPEY BOULEVARD, ALBANY, GA 31701||http://www.albanytech.edu/|
|GO WITH-NURSES ASSISTANT (GWANA)||Albany||(229) 483-0025||P-BOX 50121, ALBANY, GA 31707|
|JACKSON CAREER CENTER||Albany||(229) 888-5086||1707 E. OGLETHORPE BLVD, ALBANY, GA 31705||http://jacksoncisd.schoolwires.com/Domain/90|
|TURNER JOB CORPS CENTER||Albany||(229) 883-8500||2000 SCHILLING AVENUE, ALBANY, GA 31705||http://turner.jobcorps.gov/|
|BACON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL||Alma||(912) 632-4414||901 NORTH PIERCE STREET, ALMA, GA 31510||http://www.bcraiders.com/pages/Bacon_County|
|AMERICAN RED CROSS-MIDDLE FLINT CHAPTER-SUMTER CO.||Americus||(229) 924-2026||1509 CRAWFORD ST, AMERICUS, GA 31709||www.redcross.org/|
|MAGNOLIA MANOR NURSING CENTER||Americus||(229) 924-9352||2001 SOUTH LEE STREET, AMERICUS, GA 31709||www.magnoliamanor.com/|
|HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF ASHBURN||Ashburn||(229) 567-3473||P.O. BOX 629, ASHBURN, GA 31714|
|MOULTRIE TECHNICAL COLLEGE-ASHBURN CAMPUS||Ashburn||(229) 217-4209||222 ROCK HOUSE ROAD, ASHBURN, GA 31714||www.moultrietech.edu/|
|ALPHA NURSING TRAINING INSTITUTE-ATHENS||Athens||(706) 353-8329||230 BRIARCLIFF ROAD, ATHENS, GA 30606|
|ATHENS TECHNICAL COLLEGE||Athens||(706) 425-3328||800 HIGHWAY 29 NORTH, ATHENS, GA 30601|
|HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF ATHENS||Athens||(706) 549-8020||139 ALPS ROAD, ATHENS, GA 30606||http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/nhs/heritage_healthcare_of_athens/
|HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF GRANDVIEW||Athens||(706) 549-6013||165 WINSTON DRIVE, ATHENS, GA 30607||https://www.caring.com/local/nursing-homes-in-athens-georgia/heritage-healthcare-at-grandview