List of Elite Programs in Florida
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
Get Personalized Attention at UMA
Ultimate Medical Academy is committed to helping you succeed in a healthcare career. That’s why we offer assistance from the very beginning, throughout training, and even after you graduate. One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in our competitively priced tuition.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
About City College
Since 1984, City College, a private not-for-profit university, has been dedicated to providing a hands-on, practical and relevant college education to students in Florida and online. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major, in preparation for employment in specific career fields. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult thinking about returning to college, or a military veteran seeking a new civilian career, the City College Office of Admissions will help you make the right choice for your unique situation and begin a rewarding new career.
We offer our students an atmosphere of caring and respect. At City College you’re not just a student, you’re family.
- D.P. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Diploma)
Find Accredited CNA Certification Schools in Florida:
- Daytona State College - Offers a patient care assistant program that prepares students to take the Florida CNA Test. Theory-based coursework and clinical experiences are core components of this program.
- Florida State College - Florida Coast Career Tech offers a nursing assistant program that paves the way for students to work in hospitals, clinics or long-term care facilities. Program components include lab, classroom, and hands-on learning. Students are prepared to take the Florida CNA Exam.
- Palm Beach State College - Course curriculum offers clinical, classroom and lab sessions where students learn the responsibilities of being a member of the health care team. The program helps students prepare for the Florida CNA Exam.
CNA Certification in FloridaCNA certification in Florida requires specific coursework and training hours. Fingerprint cards must be submitted; a background check will be conducted and students must have passed the Certified Nursing Exam. Two photos, proof of immunizations, a high school diploma/GED, and proof of a negative TB test within the past six months is required for the CNA license.
Salaries for CNA Jobs in FloridaAccording to CareerOneStop, Florida nursing assistants earned a high of $30,100 and a low of $18,300 during 2013. Certified nursing assistants are found on the payrolls of retirement facilities, nursing homes, and doctors' offices.
List of CNA Certification Programs in FloridaWhile CNA coursework may vary by school and institution, Florida CNA programs generally cover the following topics: patient/resident rights, infection control, medical terminology, communications, documentation, patient care, patient room upkeep and the legal roles and responsibilities of the health care team.
Many certified nursing assistants find their work to be rewarding. Anyone looking for a career that allows them to work around medical professionals and assist patients with their personal needs and medications may want to consider becoming a CNA. Working as a CNA can also be a springboard for gaining access to other medical professions.
CNA Training Centers in Florida
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Cambridge Institute Of Allied Health And Technology||Altamonte Springs||407-265-8383||460 E. Altamonte Dr 3Rd Floor, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701||www.cambridgehealth.edu/
|Camelot Healthcare Training Institute||Altamonte Springs||407-770-0445||249 Maitland Avenue Suite 3000, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701||www.medtech.edu/
|Seminole State College 850 S. State Road||Altamonte Springs||407-404-6081||850 S. State Road 434, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714||www.seminolestate.edu
|Desoto County Nursing Program||Arcadia||863-993-1333||310 West Whidden Street, Arcadia, FL 34266|
|Desoto High School Health Science Academy||Arcadia||863-494-3434||1710 East Gibson Street, Arcadia, FL 34266|
|Luster All Pastoral Care And Cultural Center||Bartow||863-533-2359||320 South Eight Avenue, Bartow, FL 33830||http://www.lusteralltraining.com/
|Bell High School Academy Of Health Related||Bell||352-463-3232||930 South Main Street, Bell, FL 32619|
|Techni-Pro Institute 414 Nw 35Th Street||Boca Raton||561-395-1444||414 Nw 35Th Street, Boca Raton, FL 33431|
|Palm Beach Vocational Institute 901 North||Boynton Beach||561-966-0551||Palm Beach Vocational Institute 901 Nort||http://www.pbvi.org/
|South Tech Academy 1300 Sw 30Th Avenue Boynton Beach||Boynton Beach||561-301-4926||1300 Sw 30Th Avenue, Boynton Beach, FL 33426||http://www.trulia.com/schools/FL-Boynton_Beach/South_Tech_Academy/|
|Sunshine Academy 112 Se 23Rd Avenue Boynton||Boynton Beach||561-715-6217||112 Se 23Rd Avenue, Boynton Beach, FL 33435|
|Manatee Technical Institute- East Campus||Bradenton||941-752-8100||5520 Lakewood Ranch Blvd., Bradenton, FL 34211||http://manateetech.edu/
|Manatee Technical Institute- Main Campus||Bradenton||941-752-8100||5603 34Th Street West, Bradenton, FL 34210||http://manateetech.edu/
|Med-Life Institute 4818 14Th Street West||Bradenton||941-896-8883||4818 14Th Street West, Bradenton, FL 34207||http://www.medlifeinstitute.com/
|Southwest Florida Technical Institute 65||Bradenton||941-447-5308||6513 14Th Street W. #103, Bradenton, FL 34207|