Now that you’ve decided to enroll in a CNA program, your first step should be to ensure that the school you choose has official accreditation. Certified nursing assistants are some of the most in-demand professionals working in the healthcare industry, and earning an associate’s degree in this field puts you one step closer to your goal.
List of Elite Programs in Detroit
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Patient Care Technician (Diploma)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Practical Nursing (Diploma)
- And more...
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Administration (AAS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
[email protected], the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
Detroit is one of the best cities in which to study nursing because of its dynamic, resilient economy and low cost of living. There are dozens of colleges offering CNA classes online and on campus. Before enrolling in a university, do your due diligence to find one that meets your requirements and yields the best results.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Detroit
The city of Detroit took an economic hit in recent years, but it’s bouncing back now and full of vibrant energy. Salaries for nursing assistants in Detroit are about average for salaries for this occupation in other cities. Graduates can earn between $48,000 and $62,000, depending on their level of experience and the amount of hours they work.
List of CNA Certification Programs in Detroit
Aress Academy is an accredited institution that offers a two-year course plan for certified nursing assistants. Matriculating students must take a physical examination, tuberculosis skin test and reading comprehension test before enrolling. Students must be 18 or older and have a secondary diploma or equivalent. There are about 1,600 students here, and tuition is generally very affordable. However, there is no on-campus housing offered.
Advanced Care Training for Healthcare Professionals
Advanced Care is an accredited assistant nurse educational institution that offers a two-year CNA license with on-campus classes. Students must be 18 or older, have a secondary diploma or G.E.D. and pass a criminal background check. A tuberculosis skin test is the only medical requirement for enrollment. There are around 2,300 students enrolled here, and tuition is very inexpensive. There is no on-campus housing available.
Washtenaw Community College
Washtenaw is an accredited university that offers two-year CNA certification. Students must be 17 or older to enroll, and they must pass a criminal background check and tuberculosis skin test. Matriculating students must have a secondary diploma or G.E.D. There are about 1,900 students attending this institution, and tuition costs are quite low. No on-campus housing is offered.