List of Elite Programs in Connecticut
- Encompasses the Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England brands.
- Lincoln schools made more than $15 million available nationally through scholarships to qualified students in 2015.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media; offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- First Lincoln Tech campus opened in 1946; now 30 campuses in 15 states across the United States.
- Campuses are accredited by the ACICS, ACCSC, ABHES, and NEASC
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
About the College of Westchester
Since 1915, The College of Westchester (CW) has focused on the career success of its students. CW's academic programs are carefully designed to provide the skills and competencies most desired by employers. Our campus environment is highly personal and our culture centers on service to students. CW faculty is selected based on experience, credentials and a caring attitude to bring real world knowledge to the classroom. The College's technologies and web-enhanced learning tools give students anywhere, anytime connectivity to courses, professors, classmates and services. The College of Westchester offers an exceptional experience that can lead to a lifetime of achievement and success.
- AAS-Medical Assistant Management
- Medical Office Specialist
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Earn your degree from Lincoln College of New England. Over 30 undergraduate programs are available in Health Sciences, Business, Communications, Hospitality, and more. Financial aid is available for those who qualify
- Dental Chairside Assistant, Certificate
- Dental Administrative Assistant, AAS
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Respiratory Care
- AS - Physical Therapist Assistant
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (MSN)
Find Accredited CNA Certification in ConnecticutIt is easier than you might think to find training classes in Connecticut. This is due to the high turnover rate and higher than average need for more new people entering the field. Generally, this is due to the fact that those in the career frequently seeking more training and degrees to enter other medical fields. It is easy to find accredited CNA classes online while continuing to work in their present job. However, the candidate might also attend class at a high school, community college, or hospital.
CNA Certification in ConnecticutIn order to become certified, the applicant must attend a state approved educational program in Connecticut. The applicant must also pass an exam. After they pass the exam, they are placed on a state registry. In addition, they should have at least 100 hours study or classes. They must be on the registry to work at nursing facilities. The candidate should be at least eighteen years old and pass a background check.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in ConnecticutMost people in this career field work full time in nursing homes, hospitals, and other medical facilities. Generally, the average salary for someone in this field is $24,420. However, this varies widely. Those with more experience make much more, while those just starting out might earn a lower salary.
List of CNA Certification Programs in ConnecticutFortunately, there are a large number of educational institutions that offer state approved courses. Here is a list of the top programs:
- Branford Hall Career Institute, Danbury Connecticut 06810
- Connecticut Training Centers Inc. East Hartford Connecticut 06108
- FairField University, Fairfield Connecticut 06824
- Gateway Community College, New Haven Connecticut 06511
CNA Training Centers in Connecticut
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Avon Convalescent Home||Avon||(860) 673-2521||652 West Avon Road, Avon, CT 06001||http://www.healthcare.com/profile/avon-convalescent-home-inc|
|Bethel Healthcare||Bethel||203-830-4180||13 Parklawn Drive, Bethel, CT 06801||http://health.usnews.com/best-nursing-homes/area/ct/bethel-health-care-center-075400|
|Branford Hills Health Care Center||Branford||(203) 481-6221||189 Alps Road, Branford, CT 06405||href="http://bhhcc.com/|
|Alpha B. Nursing Services||Bridgeport||(203) 396-0878||3543 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06606||http://www.alphanursingservices.com/|
|American Red Cross- Bridgeport||Bridgeport||(203) 338-0951||1057 Broad Street, Bridgeport, CT 06604||http://www.redcross.org/|
|Bridgeport Hospital||Bridgeport||(203)384-3286||267 Grant Street, Bridgeport, CT 06610||http://www.bridgeporthospital.org/|
|Bullard-Haven Regional Voc. Tech. School||Bridgeport||(203) 579-6333||500 Palisades Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06610||http://www.cttech.org/bullard-havens/|
|Housatonic Community College||Bridgeport||203-332-5057||900 Lafayette Blvd, Bridgeport, CT 06604||http://www.housatonic.edu/|
|Med-Life Institute||Bridgeport||203-371-4678||4490 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06606||http://www.medlifeinstitute.com/|
|Northbridge Health Care||Bridgeport||(203) 336-0232||2875 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06606||http://www.athenanh.com/CT_Northbridge.aspx"target="_blank">http://www.athenanh.com/CT_Northbridge.aspx">http://www.athenanh.com/CT_Northbridge.aspx|
|St. Vincent’s College||Bridgeport||(203) 576-5512||2800 Main Street thru medical center, Bridgeport, CT 06606||http://www.stvincent.edu/|
|Stat Services, Inc.||Bridgeport||(203) 366-1140||955 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 5102, Bridgeport, CT 06604||http://www.statservices-ca.com/|
|Training Direct, LLC||Bridgeport||(203) 372-8842||3885 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06606||http://www.trainingdirectllc.com/|
|Warren Harding High School||Bridgeport||(203) 576-7330||1734 Central Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06610||http://bridgeport.ct.schoolwebpages.com/education/components/layout/default.php?sectionid=352&url_redirect=1|