List of Elite Programs in Connecticut
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Dental Assistant - Day
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
[email protected], the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Education
Find Accredited CNA Certification in ConnecticutIt is easier than you might think to find training classes in Connecticut. This is due to the high turnover rate and higher than average need for more new people entering the field. Generally, this is due to the fact that those in the career frequently seeking more training and degrees to enter other medical fields. It is easy to find accredited CNA classes online while continuing to work in their present job. However, the candidate might also attend class at a high school, community college, or hospital.
CNA Certification in ConnecticutIn order to become certified, the applicant must attend a state approved educational program in Connecticut. The applicant must also pass an exam. After they pass the exam, they are placed on a state registry. In addition, they should have at least 100 hours study or classes. They must be on the registry to work at nursing facilities. The candidate should be at least eighteen years old and pass a background check.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in ConnecticutMost people in this career field work full time in nursing homes, hospitals, and other medical facilities. Generally, the average salary for someone in this field is $24,420. However, this varies widely. Those with more experience make much more, while those just starting out might earn a lower salary.
List of CNA Certification Programs in ConnecticutFortunately, there are a large number of educational institutions that offer state approved courses. Here is a list of the top programs:
- Branford Hall Career Institute, Danbury Connecticut 06810
- Connecticut Training Centers Inc. East Hartford Connecticut 06108
- FairField University, Fairfield Connecticut 06824
- Gateway Community College, New Haven Connecticut 06511
CNA Training Centers in Connecticut
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|Avon Convalescent Home||Avon||(860) 673-2521||652 West Avon Road, Avon, CT 06001||http://www.healthcare.com/profile/avon-convalescent-home-inc|
|Bethel Healthcare||Bethel||203-830-4180||13 Parklawn Drive, Bethel, CT 06801||http://health.usnews.com/best-nursing-homes/area/ct/bethel-health-care-center-075400|
|Branford Hills Health Care Center||Branford||(203) 481-6221||189 Alps Road, Branford, CT 06405||href="http://bhhcc.com/|
|Alpha B. Nursing Services||Bridgeport||(203) 396-0878||3543 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06606||http://www.alphanursingservices.com/|
|American Red Cross- Bridgeport||Bridgeport||(203) 338-0951||1057 Broad Street, Bridgeport, CT 06604||http://www.redcross.org/|
|Bridgeport Hospital||Bridgeport||(203)384-3286||267 Grant Street, Bridgeport, CT 06610||http://www.bridgeporthospital.org/|
|Bullard-Haven Regional Voc. Tech. School||Bridgeport||(203) 579-6333||500 Palisades Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06610||http://www.cttech.org/bullard-havens/|
|Housatonic Community College||Bridgeport||203-332-5057||900 Lafayette Blvd, Bridgeport, CT 06604||http://www.housatonic.edu/|
|Med-Life Institute||Bridgeport||203-371-4678||4490 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06606||http://www.medlifeinstitute.com/|
|Northbridge Health Care||Bridgeport||(203) 336-0232||2875 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06606||http://www.athenanh.com/CT_Northbridge.aspx"target="_blank">http://www.athenanh.com/CT_Northbridge.aspx">http://www.athenanh.com/CT_Northbridge.aspx|
|St. Vincent’s College||Bridgeport||(203) 576-5512||2800 Main Street thru medical center, Bridgeport, CT 06606||http://www.stvincent.edu/|
|Stat Services, Inc.||Bridgeport||(203) 366-1140||955 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 5102, Bridgeport, CT 06604||http://www.statservices-ca.com/|
|Training Direct, LLC||Bridgeport||(203) 372-8842||3885 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06606||http://www.trainingdirectllc.com/|
|Warren Harding High School||Bridgeport||(203) 576-7330||1734 Central Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06610||http://bridgeport.ct.schoolwebpages.com/education/components/layout/default.php?sectionid=352&url_redirect=1|