Those interested in learning how to become a CNA often want to know more about what a Certified Nursing Assistant does and the steps involved in becoming one. CNA classes are just one step. These professionals can take vital statistics, make patients feel more comfortable and generally just provide those patients with some support before they meet with a doctor. CNA certification and CNA training from an accredited college or university can help them meet their career goals.
List of Elite Programs in Cleveland
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
[email protected], the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The Ohio State Board of Nursing is the organization responsible for administering the CNA test. This examination is open to those who have a minimum of 76 hours of classroom experience. Many colleges in the city offer these programs and let students graduate with a diploma. Some students may opt to enter a nursing program and work part time as an assistant until finishing their nursing degree. After finishing an accredited program, graduates of CNA schools can take the test and apply for a CNA license. The Ohio State Board of Nursing places the name of each applicant who passes on its online list, which lets students quickly find out whether or not they passed and the scores they received.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Cleveland, Ohio
It’s not surprising that so many students want to know how much they can make working in the field before paying to complete one of these courses. The average salary for a CNA working in Cleveland is around $22,000 a year. Those with more experience and a higher level of education can specialize in a specific area of nursing, including geriatric care or pediatric care. A pediatric specialist can make as much as $50,000 a year. Those working in the medical field also have additional perks that add to their salaries, including health insurance and paid time off.
List of CNA Certification Programs in Cleveland, Ohio
The American Red Cross is one organization that offers CNA classes and CNA programs. This organization has a large office in Cleveland and offices in other parts of the state. Other programs and colleges that offer CNA classes online and on traditional campuses include:
- Aurora Manor Special Care Center
- Erie County Care Facility
- Heritage Care Center
- Brown Mackie College
- Bryant & Stratton College
- ITT Tech
- Harrison College
- Liberty University
- Cuyahoga Valley Career Center
- Bradley Bay Health Center