Those interested in learning how to become a CNA often want to know more about what a Certified Nursing Assistant does and the steps involved in becoming one. CNA classes are just one step. These professionals can take vital statistics, make patients feel more comfortable and generally just provide those patients with some support before they meet with a doctor. CNA certification and CNA training from an accredited college or university can help them meet their career goals.
List of Elite Programs in Cleveland
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- M.S. Nursing and Master of Business Administration
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The Ohio State Board of Nursing is the organization responsible for administering the CNA test. This examination is open to those who have a minimum of 76 hours of classroom experience. Many colleges in the city offer these programs and let students graduate with a diploma. Some students may opt to enter a nursing program and work part time as an assistant until finishing their nursing degree. After finishing an accredited program, graduates of CNA schools can take the test and apply for a CNA license. The Ohio State Board of Nursing places the name of each applicant who passes on its online list, which lets students quickly find out whether or not they passed and the scores they received.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Cleveland, Ohio
It’s not surprising that so many students want to know how much they can make working in the field before paying to complete one of these courses. The average salary for a CNA working in Cleveland is around $22,000 a year. Those with more experience and a higher level of education can specialize in a specific area of nursing, including geriatric care or pediatric care. A pediatric specialist can make as much as $50,000 a year. Those working in the medical field also have additional perks that add to their salaries, including health insurance and paid time off.
List of CNA Certification Programs in Cleveland, Ohio
The American Red Cross is one organization that offers CNA classes and CNA programs. This organization has a large office in Cleveland and offices in other parts of the state. Other programs and colleges that offer CNA classes online and on traditional campuses include:
- Aurora Manor Special Care Center
- Erie County Care Facility
- Heritage Care Center
- Brown Mackie College
- Bryant & Stratton College
- ITT Tech
- Harrison College
- Liberty University
- Cuyahoga Valley Career Center
- Bradley Bay Health Center