Those interested in learning how to become a CNA often want to know more about what a Certified Nursing Assistant does and the steps involved in becoming one. CNA classes are just one step. These professionals can take vital statistics, make patients feel more comfortable and generally just provide those patients with some support before they meet with a doctor. CNA certification and CNA training from an accredited college or university can help them meet their career goals.
List of Elite Programs in Cleveland
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Antonelli College has been a well-known member of the visual arts community in Cincinnati, Ohio, since 1947. Our mission is to empower individuals by providing quality, focused education and the development of life-changing skills.
The primary goal of Antonelli College is to create an environment that prepares each graduate to become a qualified professional and a well-rounded individual.
- Dental Assisting
Professional Skills Institute provides industry-modeled, hands-on medical training to prepare graduates for a new career as a Medical Office Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding Specialist, or Pharmacy Technician.
You could start your healthcare career in less time than you think! PSI is the choice for healthcare training that leads to employment.
- Medical Office Assistant
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The Ohio State Board of Nursing is the organization responsible for administering the CNA test. This examination is open to those who have a minimum of 76 hours of classroom experience. Many colleges in the city offer these programs and let students graduate with a diploma. Some students may opt to enter a nursing program and work part time as an assistant until finishing their nursing degree. After finishing an accredited program, graduates of CNA schools can take the test and apply for a CNA license. The Ohio State Board of Nursing places the name of each applicant who passes on its online list, which lets students quickly find out whether or not they passed and the scores they received.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Cleveland, Ohio
It’s not surprising that so many students want to know how much they can make working in the field before paying to complete one of these courses. The average salary for a CNA working in Cleveland is around $22,000 a year. Those with more experience and a higher level of education can specialize in a specific area of nursing, including geriatric care or pediatric care. A pediatric specialist can make as much as $50,000 a year. Those working in the medical field also have additional perks that add to their salaries, including health insurance and paid time off.
List of CNA Certification Programs in Cleveland, Ohio
The American Red Cross is one organization that offers CNA classes and CNA programs. This organization has a large office in Cleveland and offices in other parts of the state. Other programs and colleges that offer CNA classes online and on traditional campuses include:
- Aurora Manor Special Care Center
- Erie County Care Facility
- Heritage Care Center
- Brown Mackie College
- Bryant & Stratton College
- ITT Tech
- Harrison College
- Liberty University
- Cuyahoga Valley Career Center
- Bradley Bay Health Center