As a certified nursing assistant, practitioners work in health care venues like hospitals, doctors’ offices, medical clinics and nursing homes. Their skills and training are valued in venues such as nursing facilities and wherever home care is needed. Some CNAs choose to advance their education and training to become registered nurses.
CNAs are trained to provide personal care for patients of any age. A typical work day may include washing, bathing, helping feed and assist with certain health care procedures. CNAs may also be required to take vital signs and monitor a patient’s status under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
List of Elite Programs in Charlotte
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science with a Concentration in Nuclear Medicine
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- And more...
As the world is adjusting to new realities, we are prepared to help you work towards a successful future in a manner that is safer for you and the community at large. Here's how:
- We offer in-demand, career-focused education delivered through your local campus using live, interactive synchronous online delivery. There's also the flexibility to transition to an in-seat class environment once the current situation is resolved.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Dental Assistant Diploma
Several notable schools that offer CNA training include:
- American Academy of Health Care – The academy’s Nursing Assistant I program offers study in clinical and classroom theory. Upon graduation, students are eligible to take the state competency exam which consists of hands-on and written test modules. The school also offers a Nurse Aide II program.
- Umanah Healthcare Institute – The Umanah Healthcare Institute provides vocational education to students from diverse backgrounds. School programs include Nursing Assistant I and Nursing Assistant II. Students benefit from small-sized classrooms as 90 to 100 percent of students pass their state exam.
For CNAs to qualify for employment in Charlotte, their name must be placed on the North Carolina Nurse Aide registry. They must also have pass a nurse aide program approved by the state along with a competency evaluation program. Students receive their certification from the North Carolina Board of Nursing and must work no less than eight hours during a two-year period under the supervision of a registered nurse to maintain their certification.
Salaries for CNA Certification Jobs in Charlotte, North Carolina
According to CareerOneStop, North Carolina CNAs wages ranged from $17,000 to $30,000 in 2013. A person’s experience, education and local economic conditions are a strong determinant of what they’re likely to earn as a certified nurse in North Carolina.
List of CNA Certification Programs in Charlotte, North Carolina
Charlotte CNA programs may vary by school, but typically include a study of basic nursing skills, infection control, resident rights and safety communication techniques.
If you’re the type of person that enjoys helping others maintain their health in a professional healthcare setting, enrolling in school to become a CNA could be the perfect career path.