Becoming a Certified Nurse Assistant is not a lengthy process, but it is important to receive an education from the best programs in the state. Not only will accredited CNA schools provide the best training program for students, but they also have the respect of employers throughout the state. A hospital, nursing home or doctor’s office will be more likely to hire a CNA candidate if they have completed their schooling from an accredited program.
List of Elite Programs in California
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Office Specialist (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Registered Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Respiratory Therapy
There are more than 350 accredited CNA schools in California, with most students attending programs close to their home town. These programs could be located in hospitals or nursing homes, high schools, technical colleges, community colleges, and/or four year educational institutions.
CNA Certification License in California
There are certain requirements in California that must be met if one is to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. Applicants to want to take a CNA training program should not have a criminal record and they should have their High School diploma or GED. All applicants will be require to register their fingerprints with the DoJ so that background checks can be run.
A typical accredited CNA school will require students to complete at least 150 hours of training before they can graduate. This training is broken up into around 100 hours of clinic training and 50 to 60 hours of classroom work. The reason for this breakup is to provide students with both practical and intellectual training before they start their first CNA job.
When a CNA applies for a job after completing the training program, they are required to attend a weekend of orientation at the facility. This orientation familiarizes CNAs with the environment, explains the kind of work they will do, and ensures they possess the adequate skills and temperament to be a success in the job.
Students must complete the training program with a passing grade (60% or above) if they wish to be considered for a CNA job.
Salaries for CNA Jobs in California
The salary received by a CNA will depend on a number of factors. Their performance during the training program, general experience and the number of years they have spent in the medical field are all a factor. In addition, the area where a certified nursing assistant works will also determine their salary.
For example, CNAs working in the San Francisco or Los Angeles area can expect to earn as much as $15 or $16 an hour. Nursing assistants who find a job in smaller cities will probably earn between $12 to $14 an hour.
List of CNA Certification Programs in California
Here is a list of accredited CNA training schools in California.
CNA Training Centers in California
|CNA Training Center||City||Phone Number||Street Address||Website|
|ALAMEDA HEALTHCARE-WELLNESS CENTER||Alameda||(510) 523-8857||430 WILLOW STREET, ALAMEDA, CA 94501||alamedahc.com|
|ALAMEDA HOSPITAL||Alameda||(510) 522-3700||2070 CLINTON AVENUE, ALAMEDA, CA 94501|
|ALAMEDA HOSPITAL-SOUTH SHORE CONVALESCENT||Alameda||(510) 523-3772||625 WILLOW STREET, ALAMEDA, CA 94501|
|CROWN BAY NURSING-REHAB CENTER||Alameda||(510) 521-5765||508 WESTLINE DRIVE, ALAMEDA, CA 94501|
|KINDRED TRANSITIONAL CARE-REHABILITATION-BAY VIEW||Alameda||(510) 521-5600||516 WILLOW STREET, ALAMEDA, CA 94501|
|MARINA GARDEN NURSING CENTER||Alameda||(510) 523-2363||3201 FERNSIDE BLVD., ALAMEDA, CA 94501||www.marinanursing.com/|
|THE WATERS EDGE||ALAMEDA||(510) 522-1084||2401 BLANDING AVENUE, ALAMEDA, CA 94501|
|ALHAMBRA CONVALESCENT HOME||Alhambra||(626) 282-3151||415 S. GARFIELD AVE., ALHAMBRA, CA 91801|
|ALHAMBRA HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER D/P SNF||ALHAMBRA||(626) 570-1606||100 S. RAYMOND AVE., ALHAMBRA, CA 91801||www.alhambrahospital.com|
|ATHERTON BAPTIST HOMES-SAM B/ WEST||ALHAMBRA||(626) 289-4178||214 S. ATLANTIC BLVD., ALHAMBRA, CA 91801||www.abh.org/|
|ROYAL GARDEN EXTENDED CARE HOSPITAL||ALHAMBRA||(818) 289-7809||2339 W. VALLEY BLVD., ALHAMBRA, CA 91803|
|SUNNY VIEW CARE CENTER||ALHAMBRA||(626) 576-1032||1428 S. MARENGO AVE., ALHAMBRA, CA 91803|
|THE COVINGTON CARE CENTER||Aliso Viejo||(949) 362-9662||3 PURSUIT, ALISO VIEJO, CA 92656|
|RANCHO MESA CARE CENTER||Alta Loma||(909) 987-2501||9333 LA MESA DR., ALTA LOMA, CA 91701|